Our Main Services and Activities
- Welfare Rights Advice
- Access to Housing and Health Services (Seminars and Workshops)
- Women Services and Group Activities
- Elderly Group Activities
- Youth and Sport Activities (football, Taekwondo and Chess)
- Volunteering Activities and work placements
- Immigration Advice (Referral to Solicitors and Specialist Services)
- Interpreting and Translation Services
- Cultural Events
- Educational Projects (After School and Mother Tongue Classes)
Arzu Qaderi, presenter & filmmaker who used to volunteer for us is a human rights activist, now a respected filmmaker with her first own debut documentary 'My Afghan Diary' which has been screened at prestigious film festivals in London, Italy, India, France, Canada, South America, France and soon to be screened in Germany. We wish her all the best!
Our football team meets every Wednesday in Stonebridge Park, Wembley for training in addition to Saturday League Matches. Thanks to a generous funding and support from John Lyon we were able to continue with this vitally important youth activities.
The Afghan Association of London (Harrow) played a leading role in organising major cultural and educational events within past year. Such events were run independently by the AAL as well as collaborating with other Afghan communities in England.